Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Borneo Rainforest - Recreating A Childhood Memory

In June 2005, my nephews and my nieces were around. Being city kids as they were, I would like them to remember their roots and at least get to know their origin. So what is the next best thing for them to do?

Hiking! Hihihi!!!

Their parents were so happy to let them go under my care. We packed some home-cooked food, fruits and water, and off we went for our little adventure.

This is the new road which was built at the foot of the mountain where my parents farm would be. It is so convenient now. Instead of walking in the forest and ascending to the mountain for almost 45min , the trip has been shorten to 10-15 mins.



One of my parents small pepper farm next to the road.



Ahah! We were exactly at the foot of the mountain.



City kid! They were almost flat after 10 minutes ascending hihi!



Sorry for the photo close-up quality. I was trying to create a memory for them. I hope that they will remember this event in their life and carry it with them whenever they go.




It was such a beautiful day. Once we reached the pepper farm, the kids start to run around. We could hear our echo in the forest when we called each other from the other end of the farm.

We unpacked and ate our lunch when the youngest of them start to complain about being hungry. Haha!! These were the kids that have to be dragged to dinner table at home. And now they begged me to feed them :p. All of them was trying to steal each others portion. Eating in the forest always make the food taste better, trust me.

As a reward for their completed mission, I let them soaked in a creek at the foot of the hill when we made our descent.








And it was another headache to drag them all out of the water when the times was up. What a good auntie shall do then? Threaten them I'd gonna leave with our without them, of course! :D

3 comments:

princessren said...

daki tih yoh.. sinog area krokong keh? onu xmas, koih toban my cousins fr KL nikoh dorod singai.. hehe...

journey adventure said...

where is this beautiful place. I am interested to go there.

SumukBabai said...

PrincessRen: Yoh, de Krokong, area Kg Puak. Puan muk keh doh keh..

Journey adventure : it's our backyard hihih!! As mentioned in the reply above, its nearby Kampung Puak, Krokong. There's a stretch of nice road with beautiful scenery connecting Krokong with Kg Seropak (i think)..